Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Last 40 Days Cover

The Last 40 Days is about a man who travels back in time & ends up witnessing the Crucifixion. I initially did a bit of research to find out what the landscape looked like back then, and found that it was a lot different that it is today. Technically there should be an abundance of trees, shrubs & plants in the background but I was limited on what stock to use & C L really wanted sand dunes. He really likes the way it come out, so I'm glad. The whole time I was working on this, all I could think about was Life of Brian. I even played 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' for some inspiration.

The hardest past was deciding on using either a physical time machine or or use a portal. C L wanted the Stargate...which, as you can guess, isn't going to happen. It would have looked really cool, but I have no desire to see the inside of a jail cell. I looked around for weeks trying to find something use use as a base but came up empty handed. So, I started looking for portals. Typing in 'portal' in dA gave me a wide range of results, from Portal game/logo pics to several misplaced photos of penises (don't ask). Eventually, I stumbled across the one I used. I added in the lines to give it a little more action & depth.


Update 1 - C L decided he wanted the dash out of MP1. I also added in a shadow for the man, which I realized I had forgotten.


Kindle Link: Coming Soon

C L Smothers Site



Stock Used:

Background - :icongreenleaf-stock: greenleaf-stock.deviantart.com… & :iconshiama-stock: shiama-stock.deviantart.com/ar…

Sunset - :iconmgb-stock: mgb-stock.deviantart.com/art/S…

Man - :iconmindsqueezedesign: mindsqueezedesign.deviantart.c…

Crosses - hand drawn by me

Scrub Grass - :iconwolverine041269: wolverine041269.deviantart.com…

Time Portal - :iconstock7000: stock7000.deviantart.com/art/T… & :iconfreshemedia: freshemedia.deviantart.com/art…

Font - Cimbrian & Roman S

No comments:

Post a Comment