Friday, September 14, 2012

MP-1 Cover

CL told me it need to have a planet with two moons, & everything else was up to me.  I love it when I can go crazy on covers.  I used the same nebula & font from the first cover to keep up with the sort-of theme.  The hardest part overall was finding the flares.  I saw several good packs with PNG files but were way too expensive.  The pack I went with were on a black background, so I edied out as much as I could and screened them.  After adjusting the brightness/contrast a bit, everything blended right in.

There are a total of three flares layered at various opacities (is that even a word?).  I was going for a light effect where you would be seeing the light washing over the view-port/screen upon entering the atmosphere or on approaching the planet.  It also (unintentionally) gave it a bit of a 3D effect.
The moons are also the same moon, just reversed with altered color and added shadows.

Kindle Link - Coming Soon

Stock Used:
Planet - : superiorgamer
Flares - hakeryk
Moons - theedeonknight
Nebula - ineedfire
Title/Author Font - Super Retro M45

No comments:

Post a Comment